INEZ – If you plan on broadcasting live streams from Martin County High School arenas its going to come at a cost.
The live streaming policy was passed during a meeting held at the school this week. It is for high school events only.
Here is a breakdown of rules which must be followed:
- Streaming will be at the discretion of the head coach of each particular sport as well as the head journalism instructor.
- The fee to live stream will be $250 per contest.
- Games shall not be publicized in any manner prior to the contest in order to assure money is not lost from ticket sales.
- Request for approval must be made 14 days prior to each contest.
- If advertisement occurs prior to the contest, permission to broadcast will be forfeited. However, the school will retain the $250 fee in order to protect profit loss. This applies to video broadcast.
- The broadcast fee is split 50/50 between the broadcasted sport and the journalism department.